You have three more blog posts before the Phase 3 essay, including this one.
The assignment for the essay is to compare the two news sources, and you have to cover any five of the ten things below. Before you start this week, check what you've already covered, then look for evidence to address things you don't have yet.
5 questions from Center for Media Literacy:
- “Who created this message?”
- “What creative techniques are being used to attract my attention?”
- “How might different people understand this message differently from me?"
- “What lifestyles, values and points of view are represented in; or omitted from, this message?”
- “Why is this message being sent?"
General discussion points
- Source's general position on the conflict
- amount of coverage
- language (complicated? objective?),
- publication (origin, funding, distribution/pageviews, international variants).
We will talk about this, and more, next Tuesday!